All courses carry a three-credit status. For periodic instruction, each class will consist of 11 two-hour & 15 minute classes. (I.e., each class will consist of 24+ hours of instruction over a 11-week quarter). Certain courses may be given at a seminar level, in which the instruction is concentrated into a shorter time frame (e.g., 3 eight-hour sessions, etc.). Any of FRBI’s courses may be taken at five different personal levels of commitment:
- Certificate of Biblical Studies
- Bachelor of Biblical Studies
- Master of Biblical Studies
- Master of Divinity
- FRBI also offers certain, Instructor approved, One on One andIndependent Study courses
When FRBI meets
FRBI offers 11-week courses on a weekly basis as follows (exact schedules will be available by contacting FRBI directly or by online schedule postings):
- Tuesday evenings from 5:45-8:00 pm and 8:00-10:15 pm
- Wednesday evenings from 5:45-8:00 pm and 8:00-10:15 pm
- Thursday evenings from 5:45-8:00 pm and 8:00-10:15 pm
- As determined by FRBI Administration, courses may be offered one Saturday each month for eight hours (three eight-hour classes each quarter yield 24 hours of classroom instruction).
- On special occasions when guest lecturers are able to give distinctive seminars (dates and times TBA).
- FRBI recognizes these holidays: New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Where FRBI meets
Courses are held in the Toppin Building on the campus of Mesa Hills Bible Church, 615 W. Uintah Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80905.
Students are able to complete select courses, not offered during a particular Quarter but needed, on an independent study basis upon approval of the Academic Dean. Each course is directed / overseen by an FRBI Professor with active communication between student and professor. Course instruction is generally provided via DVD’s mailed to the student, downloaded via the FRBI website, or accessible on the FRBI online platform. Students are responsible to complete the same requirements of classroom courses within the quarter.
One on One:
Arrangements may be Available between an Instructor and student to pursue a particular course not offered during a particular Quarter, but needed. Students and instructor meet on a weekly basis, at a mutually agreeable time. Students are responsible to complete the same requirements of classroom courses within the quarter.
Students are currently able to pursue a limited number of Certificate level classes. FRBI plans to make the entire Certificate in Biblical Studies program available online, followed by Master’s in Biblical Studies courses.